Just got back from the New Hope Arts Festival
New Hope, PA | Greater New Hope Chamber of Commerce | New Hope, Pennsylvania Bucks County. A couple of thoughts...
As I ponder on what I want to do in my creative life and how I am going to work and still be a stay at home mother and wife. I wanted to see what is out there in the world of craft shows. I LOVE to do the Shad Festival in Lambertville N.J. Lambertville, New Jersey Chamber of Commerce I have a booth in which we sell Fish T-Shirts. It is an activity and when you take it home it is actually useful. (Unlike sand art) The kids paint a rubber fish we print their art on the shirt for them to wear, proudly!
Now as we head into winter and gift giving I am thinking of getting back to jewelry and felt making. This is sort of where I left off many years ago so I could be called Mommy full time.
The thing about this show is there are to many jewelers and photographers. I could feel what it would be like if I went back into doing shows. I don't like doing them. I would spend so much time making inventory then just have to sit there hoping someone would stop, then if they did I would have to be a salesman. Yuck! I stopped at a woman's booth and she just stood on the other side waiting for me to ask to see something. It kind of makes me uncomfortable and I am sure she was too, she is an artist not a sales woman. I really liked the woman who had the recycled felted scarfs and head warmers. This is what I think is useful. I am more likely to spend our hard earned money on this. We got to see one of my mother's closed friends Helena van Emmerik--Finn Fine Art . All my girls are really drawn to her work, so am I. I hope to one day to have an original.
So what am I thinking going back into jewelry??
Hope to have my Etsy store up soon so check back soon to see what evolves...
1 comment:
oh just make something and see what happens. I will sell it for you.
Post a Comment