Thursday, August 6, 2009

Doll for Talia



I have finished my first doll.    Mimi Kirchner created the pattern for Pearl Bee Mimi's Hand Sewn Felt Dolls - the purl bee.  I had to start someplace.  The pattern and instructions were easy to follow, even though I changed it just a little.  Like I made the dress into a coat, I changed the hair using the pattern for the second style.  I realized I like a little more production (for the project to go a little quicker) and I am not that good at hand sewing.  Which is all this doll is.  I made her for my very good friend's daughter.  She is turning 5 and is a "girlie girl" but someday I hope she will appreciate where this comes from. (My heart)  Happy Birthday Talia!  I am ready for my next doll and I think so are my girls!!!  A huge inspiration is the work of Jess Brown- Jess Brown Design
Check out Mimi's website- Doll  and Purl Bee- the purl bee - the purl bee both the best!!!

No comments: